Mani Wonders Inc. is an emerging product design brand paving a niche in the fashion technology space. The tech-infused lifestyle products are designed in Toronto and are manufactured and distributed worldwide. At Mani Wonders Inc., we believe in making products that bring simplicity and inspiration to your everyday life.
We are seeking a Web Developer to join our Toronto team on a full-time basis. The incumbent thrives in building, improving, and maintaining a world-class, multi-channel e-commerce platform.
- Collaborate heavily with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems
- Be actively involved in all phases of software development(backend and frontend development), from requirements gathering to analysis, design, implementation, testing, migration and documentation
- Write code that is maintainable and modular
- Work to the code standards set out by industry leaders and coding standards governing board
- Optimize website speed and performance to achieve high ratings in third party measurement tools
- Experience with version control, such as Git
- Experience solving multi-browser compatibility and multi-device compatibility issues
- Automate tests and scenarios
- Write clear documentation that is easy to understand by other developers
- Mentor, coach less experienced developers, through design sessions, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Think long term and create technical roadmap for products or services
- Typical of any start-up, the ability to navigate ambiguity and mitigate it with creativity is crucial. With ambiguity comes the opportunity to develop new process and establish strong infrastructure
- Ensure management is informed and up-to-date on the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
- Experience using web content management systems, responsive and user experience design.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Takes ownership and proactively seek out bugs and fix them
- Experience building and consuming RESTful API web services
- Development experience in the UX / UI design and the requirements gathering process
- Strong knowledge of SEO principles and ability to implement best SEO practices when building websites for clients
- Proficient in Server Configuration, Implementation, load balance and image optimization strategy
- Experienced in Agile methodology, project management tools, and bug tracking applications
- Organized and disciplined with a track record of completing tasks on-time and to a high standard
- An individual who cares deeply about creating a unique brand experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Post-secondary education diploma/degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, social media platforms and current technologies
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Can-do attitude, self-driven and proactive, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Reliable, independent and able to work flexible hours with minimal supervision or direction
- Positive friendly demeanor, interpersonal with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates are welcome to submit resume/CV to [email protected]